Hays County Courthouse, San Marcos, TX (Oct. 2, 2019) – Jacob’s Well Natural Area staff invite all families looking for fun to join them Saturday, October 5, for the first Free Family Fun Day of the season.
In October it’s all about water. Come out to the park for free games and activities focused on water quality and conservation. You’ll learn a few tips on how to conserve water in your own home and take a guided hike down to Jacob’s Well to learn more about this amazing spring and the water flowing through it.
Activities will be located indoors and outdoors and will include
- Test your drinking water’s TDS (Total Dissolved Solids). You are welcome to bring tap water or your favorite bottled water in addition to the samples available on site.
- What’s in the Creek? Magnetic fishing activity
- Rainwater Catchment info booth
- Animal and Fish ID station
- Meadow’s Center reps with enviroscape model
- Kid’s crafts and coloring station
- Bean Bag toss
- View dive footage from inside the caverns of Jacob’s Well
- Protect the Recharge teamwork game
- Hike to Jacob’s Well at 1:45pm
- Plenty of free stickers and handouts!
No tickets are needed for this free event, which will be held rain or shine from Noon to 2 p.m. In the event of bad weather, activities will be held indoors. Be sure to bring drinking water and good walking shoes. Meet at the Jacob’s Well Natural Area Nature Center. Park in Parking Lot C for this event (lots A & B are for overflow), Jacob’s Well Natural Area is located at 1699 Mt. Sharp Road, Wimberley.