About the Hays County
Criminal Justice Coordinating Commission
The Hays County Criminal Justice Coordinating Commission in an official commission of the Hays County Commissioners Court.
The Commission’s mission is to work collectively to manage systemic challenges facing Hays County’s criminal justice system in order to strengthen the overall well-being of our community by developing and recommending policies and practices that improve public safety, efficiency, accountability, and equity. The Commission will collect and evaluate local criminal justice data to identify systemic issues and facilitate collaboration between agencies, experts, and community service providers to improve Hays County’s criminal justice system.
The Hays County Commissioners Court approved Precinct 1 Commissioner Debbie Gonzales Ingalsbe and Precinct 3 Commissioner Lon Shell to represent the Commissioners Court as voting members of the Commission.
Additionally, these agencies and organizations appoint a representative to be a voting member of the Commission:
- Hays County Sheriff’s Office (both a law enforcement and a corrections representative),
- District Court,
- County Courts-at-Law,
- District Attorney,
- Community Supervision and Corrections Department (adult probation),
- District Clerk,
- County Clerk,
- Justices of the Peace,
- Information Technology,
- Juvenile Probation,
- Municipal Judges,
- Hays County Bar Association,
- Local police departments (one representative for the collective group of departments operating in Hays County),
- Hill Country MHDD Center,
- Countywide Operations Criminal Justice Analyst,
- Central Texas Dispute Resolution Center, and
- One representative selected from social services agencies operating in Hays County (currently a representative of the Hays-Caldwell Women’s Center).
The Commission will, as needed, draw on additional subject matter experts within the county to serve on committees that will focus on specific issues and initiatives and report to the full Commission for consideration of recommendations. Details about meeting dates and times will be forthcoming.
The next Criminal Justice Coordinating Commission meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 28 at 3:00 via Zoom. You’ll be able to view the CJCC Meeting Agenda when it’s posted.
See the Zoom info below:
Phone #: (346) 248-7799
Meeting ID: 910 803 2857
Vera Justice Institute Data
Use this link to see the dashboard of data for the Hays County Jail.
Agendas and Minutes