Julie Villalpando – Captain, Corrections Bureau
Captain Julissa Villalpando was promoted to Captain of the Corrections Bureau in April 2017. She began her career in Hays County with the Hays County Sheriff’s Office in 1991 as a receptionist. During her career, which exceeds 25 years of service to Hays County, she has held the positions of receptionist, corrections officer, corporal of support services (Corrections Bureau), sergeant of bonding and records (Corrections Bureau), lieutenant of jail operations and support services (Corrections Bureau). Captain Villalpando graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Arts and Science from Texas State University.
As Captain of the Corrections Bureau she oversees all jail operations and support services including human resources, building maintenance, bonding, classification, transportation, commissary, food service, mail, property and visitation. The Correction Bureau has over 120 employees assigned to these areas with a current inmate population of approximately 500. During her tenure she has established and implemented programs such as the Hays County Bail Bond Board (2000), Victim Information Notification Everyday System (2007), Field Release Program (2009) and was part of the team that created the Veterans Court (2013).
Additional Training, Awards and Honors include:
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Continuing Education (Over 4,000 hours)
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Master Jailer’s License – 2009
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Mental Health Officer Certification – 2006
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Instructor License – 1995
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Peace Officer License – 1994
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Corrections Officer Certificate – 1991
- Hays County Sheriff’s Unit Citation Award – 2015
- Hays County Above and Beyond Award – 2013
- Hays County Corrections Supervisor of the Year – 2006
- Hays County Corrections Supervisor of the Year – 2005
- Hays County Support Person of the Year – 1991