Support Services is made up of many different functions. Listed below is a list of some of the services the inmates are offered.
Money Orders must be mailed to the inmate through U.S. Mail. The Money Order must contain the inmate’s full name and sheriff’s personal identification number (or SPIN ). This will ensure that the deposit will be processed correctly and credited to the inmates account. Money Orders must be received by 8 a.m. on Monday in order to be eligible for commissary in that week. All Money Orders are posted to the Inmate Trust Account.
To make deposits online or by phone: Accesscorrections.com or 1.866.345.1884
Access securepak: www.accesscatalog.com
A kiosk is available in the lobby of the Hays County Law Enforcement Center located at 1307 Uhland Road San Marcos, Texas for deposits into the inmate trust fund. The kiosk accepts cash and credit/debit cards.
ABSOLUTELY NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED!
Commissary order forms are processed first thing Tuesday morning. There are NO Refunds on items purchased through commissary. If an inmate places an order and is released from our facility or transferred to another facility before commissary is delivered, the inmates order must be claimed within seven (7) days of departure by the inmate, or the inmate can fill out a release card authorizing another adult to pick up the property.
Children that are under 17 years of age and under are not counted as adults and may visit only under the supervision of a Parent, Legal Guardian, or an Attorney. Your visitors are required to show a valid driver’s license or a state-issued identification card. You are limited to two (2) twenty minute on-site visits each week with no more than three (3) individuals at one time including children.
On-site visitation days will be Monday, Thursday and Fridays. Visitation hours will be 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the morning and from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the afternoon. Tuesday visitation hours are from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., excluding specific holidays (i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day).
If any deviation from normal visitation hours should occur due to an exclusion of a holiday, a notice will be placed at the entry of the affected area with further details to include modified visitation hours at least thirty (30) days in advance.
Arrival must be no later than 30 minutes before the end of visiting hour blocks. Visitation will close promptly at the designated time regardless of what time a visit started.
Off-site visitation can be scheduled Sunday through Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Off-Site visits may be scheduled in advance by the visitor from the Securus Video Visitation Website at https://www.securustech.net/web/securus/friends
The Hays County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to deny, cancel or terminate a video visit prior to or during a video session based upon visitor or inmate misconduct. The Hays County Sheriff’s Office also reserves the right to restrict a visitor from participating in all future use of the system, either on site or from remote visitation.
Visitation is a privilege and may be denied to any person if the inmate or visitor fails to comply with the visitation rules. Your attorney will be allowed to visit you, upon presentation of proper identification, at any time.
VIDEO VISITATION RULES FOR OFF-SITE VISITATION
- The registering visitor must be at least 17 years of age and present a valid, government issued photo identification during the initial registration process. Approvals are generally made within 24 to 48 hours. The duration of each visit is 25 minutes. Inmates are restricted to two off-site video visits per day. Onsite visits are restricted to 2 visits per week.
- All visits are recorded and subject to electronic monitoring by the Hays County Jail Staff.
- The visitor and inmate are responsible for being present at the start of the scheduled visit. Visitors signing in late will only receive the balance of the remaining time for the scheduled visit.
- No NUDITY, provocative clothing, or tight fitting clothing will be allowed during the visit. Violators will be barred from off-site and on-site visitation.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs; displaying items that may be considered contraband such as drugs; drug paraphernalia; weapons; displaying gang signs; symbols; colors; etc., are subject to having the visit canceled and barred from future visits.
- Pictures or video recording of the inmate during a video visit is prohibited.
- Unauthorized sharing of usernames and passwords to log into video visits violates the terms of service and is prohibited. (This includes sharing a visit with any other person that is not approved and or registered on the Securus video visitation account.)
- Visitors under the age of 17 must have a parent or guardian present during the off-site visit.
- Any type of provocative or disruptive behavior will not be permitted.
- Do not damage or deface the visitation equipment. Doing so may result in prosecution.
- If you experience a problem with the audio or video reception during your visit, please refer your family to the Securus Video Visitation web site for assistance or call 800-844-6591.
The inmate may write to anyone as often as he/she wishes, provided that the letters do not in any way violate U.S. Postal Regulations.
Inmates may receive incoming mail as long as it does not violate U.S. Postal Regulations, State or Federal Laws, or constitutes contraband according to the Hays County Jail Policy Manual . The Mail Officer will deliver the inmates mail after it has been opened and inspected for contraband. Envelopes need to be address to the inmate and the inmate’s SPIN number.
An inmate may receive court clothes ONLY if he/she is going to jury trial. If an inmate is released and does not have the proper attire to leave the facility, he/she will be issued indigent clothing.
An inmates personal property can be picked up between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for county holidays. All property released must be accompanied by a property release card, filled out by the inmate, stating to whom the property is released to prior to releasing property.
The individual named on the release card must present State Issued Identification upon receipt of the property. If an inmate is transferred to another facility and can not take his/her property with them and the inmate does not make arrangement for the property to be picked up by another, the property will be destroyed or donated to indigent after thirty (30) days.
Religious Services/Bible Study/ Outreach Services:
Religious services and Bible Study are conducted by volunteers of different denominations. Various other programs are available to help the inmates, including Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Narcotics Anonymous (NA) and rehabilitative services by inmate requests. On or before release inmates should discuss their plans with the Chaplain or Counselor. Upon inmate’s release if they need assistance, they may be referred to outreach ministries and services or churches that can help with their transition into the community.
Hays County now allows the convenience of paying with a credit card for individuals who are currently in custody and for class “C” fines only.
No other forms of payments will be accepted. If you have any questions, please contact the Jail Bonding Department at the numbers listed below for the bureau code and fine amount before processing a payment. Then call 1.866.549.1010 or visit www.certifiedpayments.net.
Hays County Jail – Bonding Department:
A service charge will be assessed by Certified Payments
Attorney Phone Calls
Hays County provides a free call option to attorneys for the benefit of their incarcerated clients. Only one business telephone number is authorized for the call list. Calls are limited to twenty minutes each, are free of charge and are not recorded.
Requests to be placed on the free call list should be made to Lieutenant John Saenz by email at email@example.com. Please attach a written request on letterhead, along with a copy/scan of your valid driver’s license and BAR card to the email.