Please see the Fact Sheet from the Texas Division of Emergency Management regarding FEMA winter storm assistance. Several programs are available to assist with storm recovery.
FEMA’s Individual Assistance (IA) program provides financial assistance to eligible individuals and households who have uninsured and underinsured necessary expenses and serious needs for their primary residence.
Disaster assistance may include grants to help pay for:
- Emergency home repairs for disaster-related damage to the primary residence.
- Uninsured and underinsured personal property losses.
- Lodging expenses reimbursement, for individuals whose home was inaccessible or uninhabitable during the disaster, if not covered by insurance or any other program.
- Medical expenses incurred from the disaster.
- Other serious disaster-related expenses.