Chief Deputy Mike Davenport
Chief Deputy Mike Davenport became the Chief Deputy of the Hays County Sheriff’s Office in May of 2019. He began his career in law enforcement with Hays County as an emergency communications operator at The Hays County Sheriff’s Office in 1993. During his career with the sheriff’s office he has held the positions of emergency communications operator, patrol deputy, detective, patrol sergeant, patrol lieutenant, and Captain of both the Law Enforcement and Corrections Bureaus. He also served on the Hays County Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team. Chief Davenport graduated from Texas State University in 2018 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice.
As the Chief Deputy, he oversees the Law Enforcement, Corrections, and Support Services Bureaus that encompasses over 340 employees.
Additional Training, Awards and Honors Include:
- F.B.I. National Academy Class of #259 – March 2015
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Continuing Education (Over 5,900 hours)
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor – 2007
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Master Peace Officer – 2006
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Instructor Certificate – 2000
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Peace Officer – 1994
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Telecommunications Operator – 1993
- Hays County Sheriff’s Unit Citation Award – 2015
- Hays County Sheriff’s Unit Citation Award – 2010
- Hays County Law Enforcement Supervisor of the Year – 2000
- Hays County Deputy of the Year – 1998