Select Page

Roadways Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I submit a request for road or roadside maintenance?
    1. Please call the Road Division at 512.393.7385 for assistance.
  2. How do I obtain right-of-way information from the County?
    1. Right-of-way information may be obtained from the County Clerk’s Office.
  3. How do I find out if my section of road is County maintained?
    1. Call the Road Division at 512.393.7385.
  4. Who do I contact to submit a bid request for contract work, services or materials?
    1. The Purchasing Department accepts all bid requests for the County.
  5. How do I find out when my road/subdivision will be improved (reconstructed/paved)?
    1. Please call the Road Division at 512.393.7385 for assistance.
  6. How do I obtain a driveway/utility permit?
    1. To obtain either permit, click on the “Inspections-Permit Forms” link on the left navigation or call the Road Division at 512.393.7385 and request a copy of the permit.
  7. When will I find out the status of my driveway/utility permit?
    1. The inspector will usually contact the requester within 2 weeks. If you have not heard from the Inspector within 3 weeks, please call 512.393.7385, ext. 29.
  8. What are the criteria for placing signs, temporary or permanent, within the County right-of-way?
    1. Hays County has a “no tolerance” policy on placing signs along County right-of-way. All signs must be placed on private property and must not limit the sight distance of traffic flow.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!