Poll Worker Information and Application
If you are interested in being a part of the elections process, consider filling out and submitting a Hays County Poll Worker Application. Please review the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- You must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- You must be a United States citizen.
- You must be registered to vote within Hays County.
- You must be able to attend and complete a poll worker training session.
While not a requirement, bilingual fluency in Spanish is particularly needed and welcome! The position of poll worker is paid and flexible in scheduling according to the needs of the election judge and election being conducted. Student poll workers (i.e. those who are 16 or older and currently in attendance in school) may be eligible to receive a two-day excused absence and/or extension from their principal. Please contact your school administration for more information.
Become a Deputy Registrar
Would you like to become a volunteer deputy registrar? You no longer need to wait to attend a class.
Hays County offers online training for volunteer deputy registrars (VDRs). VDR certifications remain valid for two years, expiring on December 31 of even-numbered years.
Read through the material. When you feel adequately trained and prepared, come by our office to review the study guide, pass the open-book exam, and receive your certificate of appointment and supply packet.
For current Texas VDRs, you may print and make copies of the Voter Registration Application with receipt attached:
Firefox: In-Page Google Translate Add-on (Un Complemento de Firefox para Traductor de Google en la página) | download (descargar)
Elections Administrator &
Hays County Government Center
712 South Stagecoach Trail
San Marcos, TX 78666-6294
(Early Voting Clerk correspondence may be sent to the above address)
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Protect Your Right to Vote
and the choice is yours;
and the choice is theirs;
or you have no choice!
- Voter Registration Application
- Change Your Name and Address Online
- Application for Ballot by Mail (PDF)
- Federal Postcard Application (FPCA): for Military or Overseas Voters
- Solicitud de Registro de Votantes
- Solicitud de Boleta por Correo
- Request to Cancel Voter Registration