Vaccine pre-registry list and rescheduled appointments at | See the COVID-19 Info Page
Select Page

Development Services

Updated December 9, 2020

With COVID-19 cases on the rise once again in our community, the Hays County Development Services office made the difficult decision to close its lobby to all walk-in traffic. Staff will be working remotely. For a more rapid response, staff can be reached by email Monday thru Thursday from 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. They will available via phone on Fridays by appointment only. All deliveries can be placed in the large green drop box located outside the front doors. Any appointment or meeting requests can be made in writing to For any questions, please call 512-393-2150 (option 1).

If you are with a package delivery company, e.g., USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, please call 512.393.2150 and press option 1.

Mission Statement:

To promote and protect the public health, environmental health, and safety of Hays County citizens through quality planning, permitting, addressing and inspections.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to our office if you have any questions.
Phone: 512.393.2150

Who is Development Services?

Development Services has the authority in the unincorporated areas of Hays County for the following:

  • 9-1-1 Addressing
  • Complaints—Food Establishments & On-Site Sewage Facility
  • County Planning—Compliancy & Platting
  • Floodplain—Compliancy, Planning and Preparedness
  • Floodplain Development—Permits & Inspections
  • Food Establishment—Permits & Inspections
  • GIS—Geographic Mapping
  • On-Site Sewage Facility—Permits & Inspections

Subdivision Map for Unincorporated Areas of Hays County

Use this map to see what new developments are happening in Hays County. Note, this map is only for the unincorporated areas of the county.

Hays County Tax Assessor-Collector Office

Visit the Hays County Tax Assessor-Collector website for information about tax payments.

Frequently Asked Questions

Click a topic below to see frequently asked questions:

Mobile Food Establishments FAQ



Caitlyn Strickland​
Development Services Director

2171 Yarrington Road
Kyle, TX 78640



Please email documents to

Click here to submit Public Information/Open Records Requests


Hays County