COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hays County Development Services Office will be closed to all walk-in traffic. While the Office is closed, employees will be working from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday to answer your phone and email questions.
Please be aware, you may notice a slower response to inquiries and inspection times. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Any new updates from our office will be posted here.
If you are with a package delivery company, e.g., USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, please call 512.393.2150 and press option 1.
To promote and protect the public health, environmental health, and safety of Hays County citizens through quality planning, permitting, addressing and inspections.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our office if you have any questions.
Who is Development Services?
Development Services has the authority in the unincorporated areas of Hays County for the following:
- 9-1-1 Addressing
- Complaints—Food Establishments & On-Site Sewage Facility
- County Planning—Compliancy & Platting
- Floodplain—Compliancy, Planning and Preparedness
- Floodplain Development—Permits & Inspections
- Food Establishment—Permits & Inspections
- GIS—Geographic Mapping
- On-Site Sewage Facility—Permits & Inspections
Frequently Asked Questions
Click a topic below to see frequently asked questions: