To promote and protect the public health, environmental health, and safety of Hays County citizens through quality planning, permitting, addressing and inspections.
Who is Development Services?
Development Services has the authority in the unincorporated areas of Hays County for the following:
- 9-1-1 Addressing
- Complaints—Food Establishments & On-Site Sewage Facility
- County Planning—Compliancy & Platting
- Floodplain—Compliancy, Planning and Preparedness
- Floodplain Development—Permits & Inspections
- Food Establishment—Permits & Inspections
- GIS—Geographic Mapping
- On-Site Sewage Facility—Permits & Inspections
Subdivision Map for Unincorporated Areas of Hays County
Use this map to see what new developments are happening in Hays County. Note, this map is only for the unincorporated areas of the county.
Hays County Tax Assessor-Collector Office
Visit the Hays County Tax Assessor-Collector website for information about tax payments.
Stormwater and MS4 Program
Hays County is subject to the requirements of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) General Permit No. TXR040000. In general, since the County does not own a water or wastewater system, our requirements are related to development – specifically stormwater runoff. The County developed and implemented a stormwater management program (SWMP) that includes pollution prevention measures, treatment or removal techniques, monitoring, use of legal authority, and other appropriate measures to control the quality of stormwater discharged to the storm drains and thence to waters of the United States.
Read more about the Hays County Stormwater and MS4 program here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click a topic below to see frequently asked questions:
Development Services Director
Monday – Thursday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
2171 Yarrington Road
Kyle, TX 78640
Please email documents to Permits@co.hays.tx.us
- Apply for a Permit Online NOTE: PDF Applications are for reference only, no paper applications will be accepted by the department
- Development Services Fee Schedule
- Visit the Hays County Fire Marshal’s Webpage
- Pay Permit/Inspection Fees Online