Mission Statement: To promote and protect the public health, environmental health, and safety of Hays County citizens through quality planning, permitting, addressing and inspections.
NOTICE: Development Services is currently not accepting online applications for subdivisions due to Legislative changes that require changes to the online form. We are working to update the online application to better assist our developers and residents of Hays County. All Plat Applications must currently be submitted through a paper application available by emailing PLANNING@CO.HAYS.TX.US.
Who is Development Services?
Development Services has the authority in the unincorporated areas of Hays County for the following:
- 9-1-1 Addressing
- Complaints—Food Establishments & On-Site Sewage Facility
- County Planning—Compliancy & Platting
- Floodplain—Compliancy, Planning and Preparedness
- Floodplain Development—Permits & Inspections
- Food Establishment—Permits & Inspections
- GIS—Geographic Mapping
- On-Site Sewage Facility—Permits & Inspections