Constable – Duties and Responsibilities
Texas Constables and their Deputies are fully empowered peace officers, with countywide jurisdiction who may legally exercise their authority in any precinct within their county. They may issue citations, make arrest, conduct investigations, file criminal charges, assist other agencies involving crimes-in-progress, respond to missing person calls, and conduct traffic enforcement. Constables are available to serve their community, whenever, and wherever as needed. In addition, Texas Constables are designated as “officers of the courts,” whose responsibilities are to execute court orders (i.e. civil citations, criminal arrest warrants, protective orders, property seizures, evictions, writs, etc.) issued by the District Court, County, Court, Justice Courts, and/or any other State Courts.
Additional Services Provided by the Hays County Constable’s Office, Precinct 4:
- Notary Service
- Fingerprinting (by appointment)
- Traffic Escorts (i.e. funerals)
- Vacation/Closed Patrol Watch
- Crime Prevention Training for Neighborhood Crime Watch Programs & homeowners groups.
- Email Notifications regarding community safety/events, i.e. road closures, crime watch, burn ban, traffic conditions, and other hazardous events.
Contact this office at 512.858.7605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any requests.
Constable Ron Hood
195 Roger Hanks Parkway #3
Dripping Springs, Texas 78620
4 Years – Expires in 2020