The Office of Information Technology will provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the Hays County mission as it applies to Administration, Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, and all aspects of County Government. To meet this mission we will:
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the County through planning, programming, training, maintenance, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the County’s enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support Criminal Justice, Administrative offices and Law Enforcement functions.
- Facilitate the collection; storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the County through the support for new and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology.
- Provide fast & reliable access to all information systems.
- Provide in-house hardware maintenance of computer systems to reduce downtime.