UPDATED February 18
The bitter cold winter weather in the region has caused issues and interruptions of service across Hays County. Due to the current conditions and forecasted weather for the next several days, below are updates from Hays County:
- County officials continue to urge residents to stay home and off the roadways.
- Hays County offices, parks and recycling centers will be closed Thursday and Friday, Feb. 18-19.
- Rescheduled second dose COVID-19 vaccinations if your first dose was at San Marcos High or Live Oak:
- The County is contacting people directly with changes to their appointments. Check email including spam folders; some people may receive a phone call. Visit haysinformed.com for updates.
- Curative COVID-19 testing sites have closed operations through Friday; if conditions allow, they will open on Saturday, Feb. 20.
- Be prepared for additional power outages, including flashlights, batteries, extra blankets and layers of clothing. The Electric Reliability Council of Texas is urging Texans to conserve power in their homes and businesses as much as possible during the extreme weather.
- Those without electricity can check with one of the cold weather shelters to see if they have room to be used as a warming station. Please call ahead in case they are at capacity and cannot accept anyone else into the facility. Please note the correct number for the Salvation Army in San Marcos is 512-938-2596. Also try the Austin Disaster Relief Network hotline for additional resources: 512-806-0800.
- Find the full list of cold weather shelters on our website.
# # #