Select Page

Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Question     What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer        If your incident is an emergency, call 9-1-1. If it’s non-emergency, call 512-393-7896.

Question     What if this incident happened in a city like Buda or Kyle; can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
Answer        No, if a crime took place outside of the Hays County Sheriff’s Office’s purview – basically the unincorporated areas of the county – please call the police department for that city. (Note, Wimberley and Dripping Spring do not have their own police departments and utilize the service of HCSO. Buda, Kyle and San Marcos have their own police departments. San Marcos offers its own online reporting system.)

Question      What is a known suspect?
Answer        A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle in which the suspect(s) were seen.

Go back to the online reporting system.

Hays County